A little something to listen to while you’re watching it snow . . .
This next group needed a new lead singer after this hit – they took a chance with what was basically an unknown kid – that was a pretty decent soccer player among his other talents – but first – here’s Small Faces with their 1967 hit “Itchycoo Park” . . .
And now a couple with their new lead singer . . .
And I ran across this video – had to stick it in here . . . from 1971 . . .
And when everybody is done fighting snow – kids – dogs – cats – chickens – etc. and you snuggle up under the blankets – put this on – just don’t name the result after me – here you go – 2 hours worth of Barry – and a few things to ponder before you do all that baby making snuggling stuff – if you thinking about all this stuff under the blankets listening to Barry – you might not be quite right!!
- Barry was awarded 112 gold albums and 58 gold singles by 18 different countries.
- He was the sole songwriter of his songs, both lyrics and melodies, unlike today’s best selling artists.
- He also produced, arranged, and performed his own music.
- He had 20 albums that each sold at least one million copies worldwide.
- He had 11 singles that each sold at least one millions copies worldwide.
- Despite his chronic obesity, women considered him a sex symbol.
- At age 11, he played the piano on the 1956 Jesse Belvin hit single, Goodnight My Love.
- While in prison for tire thefts, Barry heard the Elvis Presley song “It’s Now Or Never” on the radio, which he later credited with changing his life.
Have Fun! ( but don’t name the kid after me! ) – Run the Gun! – and remember – Fish Heads are Cheap!!